'Walking Dead' star hints at Merle return
Published Jun 6 2011, 11:08 BST | By Morgan Jeffery The Walking Dead
star Michael Rooker
has hinted that his character Merle Dixon could return in season two.
The brutish Merle was last seen handcuffed to a pipe on a rooftop, but later sawed off his own hand off-screen to escape the zombie hordes.
Rooker told Fangoria
: "We don't know when [he's coming back] yet. And, I'm not allowed to say."
He added: "[Merle's last appearance was] not really an ambiguous end. It's an ambiguous beginning."
Rooker also jokingly referenced the rumoured budget cuts
recently mentioned by Walking Dead
showrunner Frank Darabont.
"[The cuts are] all in my salary," he quipped. "Instead of making $5 per episode, I'm going to [make] $2!"
Darabont previously refused to rule out Rooker's return to the show, but denied that Merle will be revealed as comic villain The Governor
"Merle will not be The Governor because... what a lame, obvious choice that would be," he said. "Whether we'll see Merle... again remains to be determined."
The second season of The Walking Dead
will air on AMC in the US and on FX in the UK in late 2011.> Walking Dead Lincoln: 'I'm living the dream'