Dannii Minogue confirms 'X Factor' offer: 'I've moved on'
Published Aug 7 2012, 09:34 BST | By Tom Eames Dannii Minogue
has stated that she has "moved on" from The X Factor
The singer also confirmed that she was offered a deal to return as the show's fourth judge after leaving in 2010.
© PA Images / John Phillips/EMPICS Entertainment
© Rex Features / Ken McKay/TalkbackThames
However, she decided to stay as a judge on Australia's Got Talent
, rather than return to the UK after a year away.
"I was offered the chance to return, but I decided it wasn't the right thing for me. It didn't fit in with arrangements I'd made for Australia's Got Talent
," she told Glamour
"I have been with AGT
since the first episode and it's filmed in my hometown. I had four incredible years on The X Factor
but the show has moved on and so have I.
"The X Factor
will always have a special place in my heart. I'm still in contact with the contestants."
© Rex Features / Ken McKay
Minogue also spoke about Simon Cowell's controversial biography by Tom Bower, which earlier this year alleged that the music mogul had a secret romance with the star
"I haven't read the book, but I've been told about the excerpts that relate to me and the speculation about my private life.
"From what's been reported they - Tom and Simon - put hundreds of hours into making this book, and Tom is a respected journalist.
"They looked very pleased with it all at their launch. I'm sure it makes for a great read and I wish them the best."
Dannii Minogue also recently rejected claims she may join the lineup of this year's Strictly Come Dancing