3-year-old eats grandma's pot cookies and sleeps for 16 hours
Published Jul 6 2012, 14:12 BST | By Charlotte Grant-West
© PA Images / Hampshire Police/PA Archive
A 3-year-old boy was admitted to hospital after eating his grandma's marijuana-laced chocolate chip cookies.
An ambulance was called when the boy failed to wake up after sleeping for more than 16 hours.
The boy's grandmother has cancer and was given a doctor's recommendation for the drug to be used as pain relief.
The cookies were stored in the garage fridge and it is believed that the boy wandered into the garage without anyone knowing.
Sergeant Phil Gomez, a spokesperson for the case, told The Press Enterprise
: "It's unfortunate that they didn't take better steps to keep those cookies out of reach of the child."
The county child services were notified of the events, but are awaiting the results of the toxicology tests before further action is taken.
Sergeant Gomez commented that the grandmother said she would never make the cookies again.> Pensioners 'tricked into growing cannabis'> Police find marijuana Christmas tree