Sanjay Dutt: 'Ajay Devgan is first choice for all my films'
Published May 28 2012, 16:29 BST | By Zakia Uddin Sanjay Dutt
has revealed that he plans to only cast Ajay Devgan in his future films.
The actor just bought the rights to Telegu action film Badri
for the Singham
© PA Images / Chamila Karunarathne/AP
He told Hindustan Times
: "Ajay is great with action and romance and this role suits him the best. I'd like him to treat it as his own production, work on the script, choose a director of his choice and roll with it whenever he can spare the dates.
"I'll just produce the film and ensure that it gets a good release. A few years ago, no-one wanted to make action films, so actors like Ajay and me moved to lighter roles and there was an overdose of comedy.
"But Son of Sardar
strikes a balance between comedy and action. It's a definite Diwali cracker."
The Bollywood veteran said last week that he will never work again with Department
director Ram Gopal Varma, after the latter criticised him for interfering and making the film a flop
Varma had also accused of the star of forcing him to drop Kangana Ranaut from the action thriller